This Jamaican carrot juice recipe is another one of those easy to prepare Jamaican beverages.
All you simply need are some carrots, water, a sweetener of your choice and if you like it on the rocks (ice) or straight from the freezer, ice-cold!
I prefer it straight from the freezer, ice-cold because adding ice to the juice AFTER it is prepared will take away from the richness of the drink.
But again everybody has a preference!!
Most Jamaican families use this carrot drink to compliment their favourite Sunday dinner, which is more often times than none Rice and Peas and Chicken.
This is just a familiar tradition passed down from generation to generation.
Other Jamaican beverages can be used as part of the complete Sunday meal, however, the Jamaican carrot juice is by far one of THE MOST requested recipes for enjoying on a typical Sunday evening.
That does not mean that it is not enjoyed on other days.
Now enough with the "chit-chat", let us get down to creating this simple, yet tasty Jamaican treat.
1. Scrape the outer skin of the carrots.
2. Cut the carrots into chunks/cubes and then blend (puree) with a blender.
3. Pour the blended substance through a strainer into a container.
4. Keep the juice & discard the pulp that remains in the strainer.
5. Add condensed milk & vanilla. (you can use sugar instead as the sweetener if you are lactose intolerant or just don't like milk in your drinks)
6. Mix thoroughly, adding more or less condensed milk (or sugar) based on your taste)
7. Sprinkle nutmeg on top of juice & mix lightly.
8. Best served with crushed ice or rest in freezer for about an hour and served icy cold.
***Chef's Note: When you use milk as the sweetener you get a creamy texture as opposed to a light drink feel when you use sugar for sweetening. That is what MOST people use as the differentiating factor for referring to it as either juice or drink***
Now, it does not get any simpler than this. You can quickly run through this Jamaican carrot juice recipe with ease and have yourself a thirst quencher in no time.
Share this carrot juice Jamaican style with your friends and family and share the fun!!
Jun 12, 18 02:06 PM
This Jamaican Mango Smoothie recipe can be used to make a refreshing Jamaican beverage that will tantalize your taste buds and keep you cool all at the same time.
May 12, 17 06:57 PM
Jamaican music has evolved in such a dynamic way that we have to endorse what the legend Bob Marley said...When it hits you, you feel no pain...
May 12, 17 06:19 PM
Jamaican dancehall music was developed in the 1980's and is the pinnacle of the music industry we are now experiencing with constant changes in sound derived from earlier genres.