This Jamaican Rice Porridge Recipe is another of the vibrant list of porridges to be prepared Jamaican style!
Rice is enjoyed in many ways in Jamaica and this, in my opinion, is one of the best ways to use rice for nourishment.
Not saying that Rice and Peas, or Fried Rice, or any other rice recipe is not nourishing, but using rice to make porridge, nothing tops that in terms of taste and creativity!
Most persons prefer to use freshly cooked rice for this recipe, but just like how I prefer using day-old bread to make bread pudding, so too I like to use day old COOKED rice for making my jamaican rice porridge!
It matters not though, because either way, the taste is exceptional and I cannot emphasize enough about the preparation time. How much simpler than this do you want a meal to get?
Oh by the way, this porridge is so versatile that it is not limited to only be eaten in the mornings for breakfast. It is so heavy and filling that if you feel for a bowl in the evening after work you can have it and it will be nourishing and satisfying to send you off to dreamland.
So, without hesitation, I give you the famous, easy-to-make, and tasty Rice Porridge Recipe - Jamaican Style!
1. Add rice, salt, butter, and 1 cup of water to a saucepan.
2. Bring ingredients to a boil and immediately reduce heat to medium.
3. Cover pot and allow rice to simmer for about 12 minutes.
4. Use a fork to stir the rice and then taste it.
5. Add the remaining 4 cups of water to the rice and let it cook for about another 12 minutes.
6. Add some water to the flour in a bowl to make a watery paste. Not too watery though!
7. Beat the flour with a fork to make a smooth solution of flour and water.
8. Slowly add the water and flour mix to the pot while stirring.
9. Add the half & half while stirring to ensure you have no lumps in the porridge.
10.Simmer for another 12 minutes and then sweeten and flavor.
11.Serve in bowls.
Try this Jamaican Rice Porridge Recipe and give your feedback as to the preparation and taste. ENJOY!!
Jun 12, 18 02:06 PM
This Jamaican Mango Smoothie recipe can be used to make a refreshing Jamaican beverage that will tantalize your taste buds and keep you cool all at the same time.
May 12, 17 06:57 PM
Jamaican music has evolved in such a dynamic way that we have to endorse what the legend Bob Marley said...When it hits you, you feel no pain...
May 12, 17 06:19 PM
Jamaican dancehall music was developed in the 1980's and is the pinnacle of the music industry we are now experiencing with constant changes in sound derived from earlier genres.