Try this Jamaican banana porridge recipe and see how easy it is to prepare and how tasty the end result is.
Did you know that green bananas are one of our major staple foods. They are usually eaten in combination with some animal protein like fish or meat. However, we also eat it with other "meat-kind" items such as vegetable stew.
Then we could not stop there, we had to find a way to some how use this potato-tasting vegetable to make porridge.
Yes, for those who did not know, green bananas are vegetables and ripe bananas are fruits. Get the difference correct.
This banana porridge is often eaten as a breakfast menu item on any day of the week, but if you are a porridge lover like myself, you will have it anytime of the day as long as you can whip it up quickly.
That being said, give this easy to follow, great-tasting porridge recipe a try. You will have a blast during the process.
1. Wash green bananas to remove dirt or any foreign matter.
2. Cut off the tips of each banana and make an incision along the whole length of the banana.
3. Slowly slide your thumb along the incision and remove the skin from the vegetable.
4. Chop the bananas into small pieces and place them into an electric blender.
5. Add the flour and ½ cup of water. Turn the blender selector to chop for about 2 minutes.
6. You have to try to make the banana and flour mixture process in the blender until it is smooth.
7. Bring 4 ½ cups of water to a boil in a saucepan.
8. Slowly add the mixture to the boiling water and stir the pot with a fork constantly for about 3 minutes, removing lumps if there are any.
9. Let the banana porridge simmer for about 15 minutes and then sweeten and flavor with the remaining ingredients.
Do you see how simple and easy this Jamaican Banana Porridge Recipe is to follow?
Now I hope you enjoy this porridge and that it will become a part of your regular breakfast menu.
Apr 26, 17 04:59 PM
Jamaica is an island found in the Greater Antilles of the Caribbean with a rich culture in music, dance, food etc. Come learn more about this little island paradise!!
Feb 24, 16 04:49 PM
Get in touch with Ricardo, owner of Jamaica-Land-We-Love.com and leave comments or ask questions as you wish.
Nov 18, 15 04:33 PM
Jamaica Land We Love Amazon Store has only things relating to Jamaica and things Jamaican.