This Jamaican bread pudding recipe is easy to follow and it will yield you a great tasting Jamaican bread pudding.
Remember when your mother or grandmother used to use the excess bread to make Bread Pudding? That is the basis of what makes the pudding so tasty, the fact that you do not use fresh bread to make it.
It has to be day-old bread or even older. The older the bread, the better this bread pudding will taste, guaranteed!!
It is a favourite for those with a sweet tooth and is enjoyed by Jamaican citizens living here as well as Jamaicans worldwide who likes to take a piece of Jamaica with them wherever they go.
So go ahead and enjoy using this bread pudding recipe to satisfy that craving or sweet tooth.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish with butter and line the dish with wax paper.
3. Remove the crust from the bread.
4. Break up the bread into small portions.
5. Combine the bread, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, rum, raisins, and melted butter in a mixing bowl.
6. Pour into the baking dish.
7. Mix the condensed milk, eggs and whole milk.
8. Pour this mixture over the bread mixture in the baking dish.
9. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
10.You can test if it is baked by inserting a small knife in the middle until it comes out clean.
Serve warm or cool. Best served with Ice cream or whipped cream.
This Jamaica Bread Pudding Recipe makes 6 to 8 servings.
Jan 13, 20 10:59 AM
Public holidays in Jamaica 2020. Here is a list of the dates of holidays in Jamaica for the year 2020
Aug 08, 19 01:41 PM
Car dealerships in Jamaica are now more prevalent than in earlier years. You can find a dealership in every parish that boasts modern models. Check this list.
Jan 10, 19 11:45 PM
Jamaica is an island found in the Greater Antilles of the Caribbean with a rich culture in music, dance, food etc. Come learn more about this little island paradise!!