The Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe is one of the most sought after recipes from Jamaica.
Everybody knows that Jamaica is known for its herbs and spices and Jerk Chicken is just one of those meals that contains a nice blend of these herbs and spices.
The word "jerk" is what is used to make reference to the spiciness of the chicken. Also, the method of cooking is what gives it its rich colour, texture and flavour.
Some people would argue that it should be called grilled chicken or even smoked chicken because of the method used to prepare it.
The meat is cooked slowly on what we call a "jerk pan" or what others would call a "grill". However, it is because of the seasonings and flavours that are incorporated in the chicken to give it its final taste why we refer to it as jerk .
Anyway, enough about the never-ending debate. Let's dive right into getting your pallettes ready and working for some easy to prepare, great tasting Jamaican jerk chicken.
1. Cut the 3 chickens in halves. Rinse chicken in lime water, drain and season with garlic.
2. Blend all the ingredients for the marinade together in a blender or food processor. To grind pimento, heat grains in a frying pan in a tablespoon of oil until crisp and then blend.
3. Pour mixture on to seasoned chicken and leave to marinate for about 2 hours or overnight for better results.
4. Light the barbeque grill, ensure coals are white before putting on meat.
5. Put on chicken halves skin side down and keep turning to prevent the chicken from getting too dark. Allow to cook slowly.
6. Chop into small pieces. Can be served with additional jerk sauce.
I am sure you have noticed how easy this Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe is to prepare. Go ahead and give it a whirl and impress your friends and family with one of Jamaica's most wanted meals.
Jan 13, 20 10:59 AM
Public holidays in Jamaica 2020. Here is a list of the dates of holidays in Jamaica for the year 2020
Aug 08, 19 01:41 PM
Car dealerships in Jamaica are now more prevalent than in earlier years. You can find a dealership in every parish that boasts modern models. Check this list.
Jan 10, 19 11:45 PM
Jamaica is an island found in the Greater Antilles of the Caribbean with a rich culture in music, dance, food etc. Come learn more about this little island paradise!!