This Jamaican Stew Peas Recipe is used by many of my friends and family members whenever they need to whip up a tasty stew on either a Wednesday or a Saturday.
Cooking Stew Peas and White Rice for us is natural, and after a few tried and completion of this recipe, you too will be cooking Jamaican Stewed Peas without even using a recipe.
This is one of my favorite dishes of all time. I just love the flavour, the aroma, and the taste that you get from the combined ingredients.
Stew peas is made with the same ingredients as Red Peas Soup with only ONE significant difference. Can you guess the difference?...
...you got it. The THICKNESS.
Stew Peas is much thicker than Red Peas Soup.
Anyway, this recipe has been around for quite some time and it never gets old to enjoy a good serving of some great tasting Jamaican Stew Peas.
Here is how you can get in on the flavourful action.
1. Soak the Salt Beef overnight (if time allows), or boil for about 20 minutes if you got the ingredients today and want to stat cooking immediately. This will stop the stew from tasting too salty.
2. Wash Red Kidney Beans and remove discolored beans or any foreign matter.
3. In a 2-quart stock pot, add beef products and beans.
4. Cook beans and beef until they are soft (this will take some time; add water as needed).
5. While the other ingredients are cooking, you will have to make the little dumplings called spinners. See how to here!
6. Add all the spinners to the pot of stew and cover the pot. Let the spinners cook for about 8 minutes.
7. Add escallions, thyme, black pepper, and cooking oil. Cook for 5 minutes then taste the stew.
8. If it tastes the way you like it, mix a solution of flour and water to thicken the stew, this is called a flour paste; then let it simmer for about another 10 minutes. Serve hot!
This is usually served with white rice. But I dare you, try it with a little angel hair pasta (spaghetti).
This easy to follow Jamaican Stew Peas Recipe will have you wanting more right after you just had a serving. Go ahead and try it and see what you come up with!
Jan 13, 20 10:59 AM
Public holidays in Jamaica 2020. Here is a list of the dates of holidays in Jamaica for the year 2020
Aug 08, 19 01:41 PM
Car dealerships in Jamaica are now more prevalent than in earlier years. You can find a dealership in every parish that boasts modern models. Check this list.
Jan 10, 19 11:45 PM
Jamaica is an island found in the Greater Antilles of the Caribbean with a rich culture in music, dance, food etc. Come learn more about this little island paradise!!